Consultation On Draft Neighbourhood Plan
The Low Coniscliffe and Merrybent Parish Neighbourhood Plan
The Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (Regulation 14)
NOTICE OF PUBLICITY OF A NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN PROPOSAL
Low Coniscliffe and Merrybent Parish Council has prepared a Draft Neighbourhood Development Plan for the Low Coniscliffe and Merrybent Neighbourhood Area. The Plan proposes a number of planning policies which, once adopted, must be used in the determination of planning applications within the Parish.
In accordance with the Regulations, the Parish Council is required to publicise the Draft Plan and invite comments. Copies of the Plan will be available for public inspection for at least six weeks commencing on 21st April 2018 and ending at 12 noon on 2nd June 2018.
The Draft Plan will be available for inspection at the following locations:
- Baydale Beck Inn – between the hours of 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. – Monday to Saturday
and 12 noon to 9.30 p.m. – Sunday.
- Low Coniscliffe Library and Book Exchange – 24 hours per day.
- 8 Low Coniscliffe (in the porch) between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.
The draft plan documents can be viewed here (click on links):
The draft plan has been informed by the following background documents on which the Parish Council would also welcome feedback (click on links):
- Local Green Space Background Paper
- Design Principles Document
- Heritage Assets Background Paper
- Settlement Boundary Background Paper
- Housing Needs Assessment
- Housing Sites Background Paper
Representations may be made in the following ways:
- By attending the consultation event on:
Saturday 28th April 2018, between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
at St Edwin’s Church Hall, High Coniscliffe, Darlington DL2 2NQ
- By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By letter to: The Parish Clerk, Low Coniscliffe and Merrybent Parish Council, 9 Woodcrest Road, Darlington DL3 8EF
Any person or organisation may comment on the Plan.
All representations must be received by the Parish Council no later than 12 noon on 2nd June 2018. All representations will be publicly available and will be considered by the Parish Council in producing the final Plan which will then be submitted to Darlington Borough Council for Independent Examination.
Chair of Low Coniscliffe and Merrybent Parish Council